Recently upgraded my home desktop computer with a bigger SSD. The software managed to mirror all files from the older/smaller SSD.
But now, Windows does not let me delete the older system folders.
I have these kind error messages:
- Folder Access Denied
- You require permissions from TrustedInstaller …
The message “… TrustedInstaller” is the clue. The folder is owned by that “user/application”. I need to change back to my user (“Eduardo”), and give it “Full Permissions”.
The following lines are the steps I took to solve this problem. Hope it helps you also.
- Right click on the folder.
- Select Properties
- (1) Select “Security” tab, followed by “Advanced” button.
- (2) Verify owner is not your username. Select Change.
- (3) Write your username on text box, and select “Check names” button, to very it exists.
- Select “OK”, to close dialog and back to “Advanced Security Settings for …”
- Now, set checkbox “Replace owner on subcontainers and objects” (1).
- Select “Add” button (2).
- Click on “Select a principal” (3)
- Write again the name of current user (4) followed by “Check Names” button (5).
- Select “OK”, to close dialog and back to windows “Permission Entry for …”
- Finally select “Full control” (6).
- Keep selecting “Ok” button, until all windows are closed.
You must now be able to remove that folder.